Sunday, March 27, 2011

Z is for Zocalo

Zocalo had been on my "to get to" list for quite awhile and though I often drive north on 97th street, I always forgot to skip over to 10826 95 street to check it out. Finally last week I changed that and discovered  among other items, many beautifully bright bouquets and blossoms! I love flowers- and have been particularly missing them lately as I reminisce to springs spent in Portland a few years back.


Zocalo is celebrating the arrival of spring (this week it should actually arrive I believe) with "Tulipmania". From now until April 3 there are special prices on all things tulip, with a five-stem bunch specially priced at $4 and a 6" plant at $10.

The bouquets are not cheap - but if you are looking for something amazing, you can find it at Zocalo. The arrangement shown above was $60 and I believe most of the bouquets below were about $35. They are large and would fill a vase nicely. I resisted buying myself a bouquet but will certainly return for one in the future.



Besides the breathtaking flowers Zocalo offers a variety of retail items, ranging from mugs to greeting cards. You can also grab a tea, coffee or treat while you are there. On Saturday mornings they boast fresh cinnamon rolls.

Swing on by on your way to or from downtown or make a special trip if you need a bouquet for a special occasion. The shops hours are Monday to Wednesday 9-6, Thursday 9-8, Friday and Saturday 9-6 and Sundays 11-5. If you are looking for a specific flower you may want to call ahead, their number is 780-428-0754.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I was planning to check this place out this week haha! They are hiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written! I gave you my business card on Monday when I was in Credo. May I link to your blog on my blog? Mine is dineandwrite.blogspot.com Cheers!

    ReplyDelete