Monday, March 19, 2012

Zinc

Zinc on Urbanspoon

On a sunny winter evening I enjoyed my first meal at Zinc. A beautifully set table with a great view were a great start to the evening.


My friend and I both ordered a "bite size" starter and main. We were happy to be treated to lovely fresh mini scones with creamy whipped butter before our orders arrived.


Our bites then arrived, beautifully plated together on two small plates. As an appetizer I ordered the Warm Onion Tarte Tatin:
Upside-down puff pastry tart with caramelized onions, "Paddy‟s‟ cheese, port reduction, and dressed organic leaves. It was good, but not what I was expecting. The beef entree I had was delicious. Served with creamy potatoes as well as some squash I was left wanting more.. next time I will go with the full sized main.


After each having two bite sized dishes we were both satisfied but decided we needed to try dessert as well and ordered the Callebeaut Chocolate Mascarpone Tarte with
Champagne Sorbet and Honey Marinated Berries to share.



It was lovely. Great ambience, service and of course the food was amazing. I am planning to return for a special occasion in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment