Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Brunch at Blue Plate Diner

I enjoyed weekend brunch at Blue Plate Diner the other day. We arrived at 11 and were seated quickly (well my friend was seated and I joined her five minutes late!) We were both okay with water (I enjoyed a home made americano on the drive there) and decided on the eggs benny (friend) and the breakfast burrito (for me). (I ate half the burrito before taking the photo below).

Both of us enjoyed our meals and ate up every bite although I needed to cover  my potatoes with  ketchup to enjoy them fully. My friend opted to substitute fruit instead of potatoes (beware there is an upcharge for this).

As we left an hour later we walked past the lineup that had formed all the way to the door and were pleased that we had come at 11.

I couldn't resist going across the street to Credo for a coffee and chose a tasty Columbian single origin and then decided I would have a Jacek chocolate too. The spring like weather had drawn quite a crowd at Credo as well. I left after finishing the last drop of my coffee and purchasing a few more chocolates to share.



Blue Plate Diner on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Some of the best brunches I've ever had have been at the Blue Plate. Of all the places in YEG with the word 'blue' in their title (think Chair, Pear, Willow, Quill, etc!), the Plate is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete